The lovely Lynn Hayes over at Astodynamics.com has tagged me to play "Eight Random Things about Me", so here goes, in no special order:
1. In 2002, I relocated my business to a block which is halfway between my old high school and the spot upon which I was born (the hospital was relocated years ago.)
2. I am, and have always been, a native Georgian with Virginian ancestors...no way to change it.
3. Although I dabbled in ghostly pursuits as a teen, I now know that such manifestations are tricks of light and sound and are NOT my Aunt Granny Fanny's shade...she's at her eternal rest. But such wispies will come if you call upon them fervently enough. Don't.
4. I've always considered the stock market to be a particularly nasty, heartless form of gambling.
5. Maturation has brought a switch--my fall allergies to ragweed trouble me more than my spring allergies...who saw That coming?
6. Sometimes I order coffee at my local Jittery Joe's...plain coffee, no lattes need apply, hold the whipped cream, ice is for...well, it's NOT for coffee.
7. My taste for films gets more'n'more persnickedy as bad reviews go by...I may rent appr 8 or 9 movies a year nowadays...and have been known to discontinue tv viewing for months at a time.
8. Confession: I sometimes tape programs on NPR: New Dimensions, Fresh Air, TTBOOK, MarketPlace, LOE, and others have been my victims--not to snag'n'keep, it's just that I'm usually busy blogging, studying charts, drawing, or writing personal About Me lists so that I have to listen later when I can pay more attention!
Well, there ya go, boys, and thanks, Lynn for the exercise! Now I'll tag-you're-it to:
LibraMoon at Emerging Visions
Donny at Junebug Books since you're both very good writers!
tag: eight random things about me
HINDSIGHT 20/20 UPDATE: Replace #s 5 & 7 from the above Random Things with the astrology-related:
5. A few minutes before I was born, personal name asteroid, Cowell, arose; then I managed to take my first look around; then asteroid, Judith arose. Works for me.
7. When the Beatles played Atlanta in the mid-60's, my friend & I were front & center, & had made a pact to keep totally quiet during the concert No Matter What.
On the last song, sung by Paul, the family next to us (we were seated on the aisle) left, & the ushers sitting in front & behind us also left, so that we were in an island of empty seats. Thinking fast (it sometimes happens), I quickly dipped my head right, then left, & being the sweetie he was, Paul answered in kind, while never, of course, missing a note or a beat.
Guess he would naturally notice the two people in that huge stadium who were trying to actually hear them play.
But I couldn't tell my friend until after the concert & she (jealously) didn't believe me...never did--angry that she didn't think to do it, I assume.
Astrologically? Uranus & Pluto were in process of conjuncting that year--upon my natal Ascendant! Rather descriptive, I think.