On this rainy Saturday in Georgia, a big and hearty Thank You goes out to my cyber friend, author, and cat lover Layla Morgan Wilde, maven of the Boomer Muse blog who has kindly put SO'W on her Kreativ Blogger Award list of 7!
Layla and I became friends on Gather years ago and have shared a mutual love of kitty cats ever since - her cats Merlin and Coco are simply fabulous felines! (And my kitties are quite jealous of them and their online fame.)
Now here are the 6 rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award which you will need to follow if you are chosen:
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their award
Hmmm...7 things about me you do not know...not sure if you know them or not, so...Did You Know?
1. I am all about using alcohol-based liquid soap several times per day and don't care who knows it
2. A favorite guilty pleasure is watching TV's Castle each week, even re-runs
3. In a Dark Chocolate vs White Chocolate war, both would lose miserably to Milk Chocolate
4. For over 20 years I ran away from an early interest in Astrology due to what my church teaches about it; I subsequently got over it
5. Childhood was spent running wildly upon woodsy paths and ensconced in the topmost branches of tall trees from whence I did not answer my mother when she called
6. I seldom, if ever, get to use the word whence and am not certain why
7. In spite of the heavy subjects I write about on Stars Over Washington, a natal Jupiter/Saturn trine gives me a silly, oft-expressed sense of humor - much needed in today's wacky world.
And now (enough about me), here are my Kreativ Blogger Award recipients - hope I get to award them first! This will be an alphabetized-by-blog-name listing and you may notice that one of them is my creative photographing, yarn-spinning daughter Maya (there's no rule against nepotism, I assume) so away we go:
1. Delwyn, writing from Queensland, Australia on her A Hazy Moon blog for its lovely and calming combination of Japanese prints and poetry, Egyptian Art, and veggie photos, along with an image of Thoth, 'god of blogging' as he's 'recording his observations'! (As astrologers and mythologists know, scribe Thoth is one of Mercury's faces, the other being Hermes, the alchemist, trickster, and shaman.)
2. Marina and Funkstar at Funk Astrology Blog for their insightful, in-depth analyses and dedication to 'Cutting Edge Astrology for Uranian Times'. Both offer Astrology consultations, and Marina practices Tarot and dream interpretation as well.
3. Julie at Julie Demboski's Astrology for her brilliant analyses of planetary aspects and trends which she deftly combines with asteroids for a more complete picture given in her clearly-written style that keeps many of us on the road to understanding events, ourselves, and others better.
4. Diane Lang, aka Neith, whose specialities included relationships (synastry) and Nodal information at her Neithnet blog, which is in process of being transported (along with Neith on Synastry) to a new webhome on WordPress, Neith on Astrology. Now we have a one-stop place for all of Neith's excellent work!
5. Donna Cunningham, expert world class astrologer, lecturer, and author of 19 books (by last count!) who has entered the cyber world of Astrology blogs and now astounds us with her brilliant output at her SkyWriter blog. And Donna also offers excellent online writing seminars at Moon Maven Publications, along with her books in e-book form or hard copy.
6. Maya Henderson, author of Springtree Road where she writes as a stay-at-home mom who knows her way around a camera while spinning, dyeing, and hand painting yarns of all colors for your special knitting projects. Maya is now launching a new Etsy Shop of her photography prints called a moss garden.
7. Astrologer Anne Whitaker, an astro-veteran who studied Psychological Astrology with the great Dr. Liz Greene, and who is now Writing from the twelfth house from her snug location in Glasgow, Scotland. Plus, Anne has recently launched a sister site called Wisps from the Dazzling Darkness concerning paranormal experiences which she's being very open about...share, if you wish!
These are all very creative - I mean, Kreativ - ladies who deserve much credit for making the worldwide web a better place to read, view, and hang out! Many other great blogs are not listed here, whose authors deserve notice, too, yet I suspect that others will soon ensnare their blogs within their Award nets.
Now for the hard part: if I can only figure out how to contact them all...and will they fume at me if I can't? ;p
Thanks again, Layla!